I had my first computer in F.2. Not long after that I started learning HTML, and consequently my first web site, which was about astronomy if I am not mistaken, came out a week later. A few months later I started learning Perl, which is a language mostly used for web programming. I joined my school's computer team the next year.
After that, I was more and more into programming. Following Perl, I learned Pascal at school, and a little bit Python, C/C++, Visual Basic and Java, although without much success. As PHP became more and more popular, I switched from Perl to PHP, which I am still constantly using. I also learned to use graphics software such as Photoshop and CorelDraw, and began creating computer graphics. During the years in secondary school, I once worked for a company as a freelance web designer, and for another company as a graphic designer for a summer job. I also worked on some freelance web programming projects which I got from various sources.
In F.5 I struggled on whether to take computer related subjects in A-level and university. After some thoughts, I decided that computer is not my cup of tea . After all, I am more interested in questioning about the truth of the world than in making use of known truths. I am that kind of person, you know.
Some of my previous work.
Web Sites for Personal Uses
Web Sites for Companies/Organizations
- Tongues - Tongues lets you tell others what languages you can speak and have learnt. You can even meet friends who speak the same languages as you do through Tongues.
- Computer Languages - Tell others what computer languages you know and ask for help from or just share with other programmers in our forums.
- Arbores v1.0 - Arbores is a small application developed for drawing syntactic trees in the quickest and easiest way while not trying to include a lot of fancy functions.
- Colorex v1.3 - A handy color picker designed to take up as little screen area as possible
- PlayLister v2.0 - A playlist generator which searches for all the MP3 (and other audio types) files in a specified directory, and adds them to your .M3U playlist.
- Snake v1.0 - You know what it is. For those who feel too bored and want something to kill time with.
- Solarization v1.0 - A simple program introducing the Solar System, with descriptions and some data. Not really useful, I did it solely for fun =)
- Italiamo v1.0 - Italiamo! is a very handy Italian-English dictionary and a Hangman game in Italian. The dictionary contains 9000+ words, with entries listed under their gramamtical categories which is espceially useful for learners. Download this to your smartphone now and make your Italian learning more interesting!
- IPA Chart v1.0 - A neat utility for revising the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), or simply use it as a reference tool.
- AstroJewel v1.0 - My first trial in mobile programming. The classic Jewel game with the planets as "jewels".